What is Invisalign?
Invisalign ® is a clear, removable teeth aligner used as an alternative to braces. It is nearly invisible, making it much harder to notice.
Invisalign treatment consists of wearing a transparent tray over your teeth that is nearly invisible and is easy to put in and take out. There’s no need for metal brackets or wire, just one transparent tray to be worn.
After undergoing diagnostics at the clinic, an accurate 3D model of your teeth will be used in creating specially crafted Invisalign trays that will help your teeth shift to a straight and perfect position. During the course of the treatment, new trays will be issued as your teeth change positions, until your desired smile is achieved.
Invisalign treatment is available at Dentalplus with a special package price and an attractive installment plan.Read More
For a visual explanation of Invisalign, watch the video below!
Invisalign vs Traditional Braces
Advantages of Invisalign:
1. Invisalign is transparent so it is harder to detect than traditional braces. It is more popular with adults.
2. More comfortable
3. Less food restrictions
4. Easier to clean
Disadvantages of Invisalign
1. May not be applicable to all cases. In some cases a short course of traditional braces may need to be used before the malocclusion can be treated with Invisalign.
2. The patient must be committed to wear the aligners almost all the time , 22-23 hours a day, to facilitate effective movement of the teeth.
3. The Invislign aligners need to be removed before eating & cleaned well before reinsertion.
4. The aligners can be lost when they are removed.
5. Bonded attachments may be required for certain tooth movements.
6. Costs of Invisalign is often greater than traditional braces because of the high fees levied by the Invisalign laboratory for the fabrication of the series of aligners.