Children’s Dental Clinic in Singapore
Children’s Dental Clinic
Children’s Dental Clinic
At DentalPlus dental centre we provide comprehensive oral health care for children from birth through adolescence. Dental treatment for children (pediatric dentistry) consists of both preventative measures and restoration procedures. Prevention is always better than cure; so it is always important to maintain good oral habits and it is also important to diagnose and treat oral diseases and tooth decay in their early stages. It is recommended that children visit the dentist regularly. While young children may be nervous about visiting the dentist/paediatric dentists, we work with experienced dentists in Singapore who are trained to put them at ease and provide painless care. we have extensive experience treating children of all ages.
DentalPlus Children’s Dental Clinic Services:
- Fillings and extractions
- Root canal treatment of primary teeth and crowns
- Preventive treatment: sealants, fluoride therapy
- Management of primary teeth injuries
- Caries risk assessment
- Infant oral health
- Painless dental injections
- Teeth grinding
- Oral health programme
Baby Bonus Scheme for Kids Dental Needs
DentalPlus is a Baby Bonus Scheme and Child Development Account-approved institution. As a result, there is a wide variety of dental care that your child may receive with the assistance of CDA funding, such as chairside orientation, dental examination, cleaning and polishing, sealants, braces, and much more. You can utilize these funds for your child. Please get in touch with us so that we can schedule a meeting.
Why choose us as a Children’s Dental Clinic?
Dedicated facilities for children
We want to make your children’s visit a happy experience. We have a play area in the lobby, cartoons on the ceiling TV when they sit in the dental chair in the treatment room, and a comfortable blanket or stuffed toy to cuddle with. All our care is provided with a gentle touch, and your kids are rewarded with a trip to the goodie area when it is all over!
We make dental visits easy
During each visit, our staff in children’s dentistry spends a great deal of time explaining to your child what can be expected during the treatment. This is done in a very positive way to help the child feel comfortable, and to give him or her some control over what will be happening. You can help us make this next visit a successful and positive experience by working with us to accomplish this goal.
No discomfort during treatment
We believe that all our patients have the right to feel relaxed. We offer sedation dentistry that lets you rest comfortably as we attend to your teeth. We will have completed treatment by the time you are wide awake, letting you use that scented towel to wipe your face and leave the practice feeling happy.
Today’s families have more to do than ever. At DentalPlus Clinic, we make it a priority to see our patients on time. That is why we never overbook patients. We suggest you consider family block appointments because everyone can be seen on the same day. Large families have found this type of scheduling very helpful because our family block appointments help relieve the stress they face when trying to plan professional dental care for the entire family. We also provide Children Dental Care.
Why are children’s dental care important?
Children can start to get cavities as soon as the first teeth emerge. It is very important that the first dental visit is pleasant, not anxiety-producing. Going to see the dentist only when the child has problems does not allow this as the child will then associate the dental clinic with fear and pain. This makes any further dental treatment difficult.
Common dental issues faced by children:
- Cavities in milk teeth need to be filled to relieve pain and to allow the child to eat, talk and smile confidently.
- Children can have crooked teeth or a bad bite. The sooner these are discovered, the higher the chances of successful treatment.
- Parents might not be able to recognise early dental problems.
- Your dentist can prevent these problems rather than spend time correcting them. Advice on nutrition and home dental care can also be provided.
Why are baby teeth important?
Your child’s baby teeth are more important than you think. Children need strong, healthy teeth to chew their food, speak and have a good-looking smile. Baby teeth also help to keep a space in the jaw for the adult teeth. If a baby tooth is lost too early, the teeth beside it may drift into the empty space. When it’s time for the adult teeth to come in, there may not be enough room, causing the teeth to be crooked or crowded. Severe infection in the baby tooth can also damage the shape and colour of the adult tooth that is forming just below the baby tooth. Therefore children’s dental care is very important.
How to prepare your child for a dental visit in Singapore?
- Play “dentist”. Count your child’s teeth as you shine a light on them. Then switch roles and let your child play dentist.
- Read to your child a book about going to the dentist for the first time.
- Before the appointment, tell the dentist about your child, including any special needs or medical problems like allergies or heart conditions.
- Make the appointment on a day and time when the child is not tired.
Be low-key. Treat the visit as routine. Answer questions the child poses honestly but not too specifically.
- Avoid using bribery and threats in an attempt to encourage good behaviour. Especially refrain from threatening the child with a dental visit when he refuses to brush his teeth or misbehaves.
- Try not to be anxious about the visit. Don’t communicate your own fears to the child. Avoid saying negative words like pain, jab, pull, or drill.
- Don’t expect perfect behaviour. Your child may be shy or fearful and misbehave.
- Don’t make the dentist the villain. Dental care is something you want for your child.
Insurance & Subsidies
DentalPlus Clinic resources, where we give useful information about oral health, dental procedures, and how to keep a healthy smile. Maintain your knowledge and get a gorgeous smile!