Invisalign is a popular choice for teeth alignment in Singapore; it is an alternative to traditional braces. “Invisalign clear aligners” are invisible. It straightens your teeth using custom-made, removable aligners.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign ® is a clear, removable teeth aligner used as an alternative to braces. It is nearly invisible, making it much harder to notice.
Invisalign treatment in Singapore is increasingly common and consists of wearing a transparent tray over your teeth that is nearly invisible, and is easy to put in and take out. There’s no need for metal brackets or wire, just one transparent tray to be worn.
After undergoing diagnostics at the clinic, an accurate 3D model of your teeth will be used in creating specially crafted Invisalign trays that will help your teeth shift to a straight and perfect position. During the course of the treatment, new trays will be issued, as your teeth change positions, until your desired smile is achieved.
Invisalign treatment is available at our sister branch at Holland Village – Smilepoint Dental Centre. To contact, please call 6475 1028.Invisalign cost
How Does Invisalign Work?
With this new align technology, each aligner must be worn for at least 20-22 hours per day for teeth to move into a better, pre-planned position. Throughout the process, orthodontic records such as photographs, models of teeth and bites, and X-rays—are taken and sent overseas to Invisalign’s specialized laboratory. The laboratory creates a computer-generated 3D image and a simulation of teeth movement on Invisalign’s ClinCheck software. Once you and the dentist view and approve the treatment plan on the ClinCheck software, the clear aligners are manufactured and shipped to Singapore! You are ready to start the process of achieving your new smile!
What dental problems can Invisalign fix?
This is when the upper teeth overlap the lower teeth. A small amount of overlapping is common, but more severe cases of overbite could cause pain when you’re eating or chewing.
An underbite is the opposite of an overbite. The lower teeth overlap the upper teeth. This may cause problems with eating, chewing, or talking.
A crossbite is where the upper teeth fit behind the lower teeth, which may cause decay or difficulty speaking.
This is where the upper and lower teeth are unable to close to meet each other. This may cause tooth sensitivity and a lisp in your speech.
Gaps in teeth
Teeth spacing occurs when there are larger gaps, as shown in the front teeth above. Gaps between two or more teeth can cause speech difficulties, and food pieces can become stuck between teeth more easily.
This occurs when there is not enough space in the jaw for all of the teeth to grow and fit in. This causes some teeth to be pushed to one side or grow in a twisted position, resulting in mild crowding to intense crowding.
Invisalign Treatment Process
Book an Appointment
Call Smilepoint Dental Centre at 64751028.
Initial Assessment & Diagnostic Investigation
Impression of your teeth is taken & model is sent to Invisalign for assessment.
Discussion, Cleaning and
Based on the Clincheck showing 3D simulated outcome, we will advise you on your suitability for treatment.
Issuing of Clear Aligners
1st Aligner Issue. Subsequently, adjustments will be made every 1-4 months. Depending on the complexity, treatment times vary.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Advantages of Invisalign
1. It is transparent so it is harder to detect than traditional braces or tooth coloured braces. It is more popular with adults.
2. More comfortable
3. Less food restrictions
4. Easier to clean
Disadvantages of Invisalign
1. May not be applicable to all cases. In some cases, a short course of traditional braces may need to be used before the malocclusion can be treated with Invisalign.
2. The patient must be committed to wear the aligners almost all the time, 22-23 hours a day, to facilitate the effective movement of the teeth.
3. The aligners need to be removed before eating & cleaned well before reinsertion.
4. The aligners can be lost when they are removed.
5. Bonded attachments may be required for certain tooth movements.
6. Cost of Invisalign vary depending on a number of factors but it is often greater than traditional braces because of the high fees levied by the Invisalign laboratory for the fabrication of the series of aligners.
Here are some tips for maintaining good oral hygiene while wearing Invisalign:
- Brush and floss your teeth. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Be sure to floss under your aligners.
- Rinse your aligners after each meal and before you put them back in. You can use water, mouthwash, or a special cleaning solution.
- Clean your aligners daily. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a mild soap or cleaning solution.
Here are some of the differences between the orthodontic treatment braces and Invisalign:
|Appearance||Metal brackets and wires are visible.||Clear aligners are virtually invisible.|
|Comfort||Can be uncomfortable, especially in the first few weeks.||More comfortable than braces, but can still be a bit irritating.|
|Eating||Some restrictions, such as avoiding sticky foods.||No restrictions on eating.|
|Cleaning||More difficult to clean, as food can get trapped around the brackets and wires.||Easier to clean, as aligners can be removed.|
|Duration||Treatment can last 1-3 years.||Treatment can last 1-2 years.|
|Cost||More expensive than Invisalign.||Less expensive than braces.|
Insurance & Subsidies
DentalPlus Clinic resources, where we give useful information about oral health, dental procedures, and how to keep a healthy smile. Maintain your knowledge and get a gorgeous smile!