Braces for Students in Singapore
How do braces work?
Your teeth are cushioned by the tissue of your gums, also known as your gingiva. Underneath your gums, you have a periodontal membrane, which shields the lower half of your teeth. As your teeth are bone, the two ‘prong-like’ portions of your teeth are fittingly called the alveolar bones.
Braces work by constantly putting pressure on your teeth, slowly encouraging them to move into the correct positions by putting pressure on the periodontal membrane. One side of this membrane will stretch out, allowing the teeth to move. The bars and bands will then push it from the other side — creating enough space for the teeth to safely shift. In fact, it’s the archwire that puts most of the pressure on your teeth, while many of the other parts (like the brackets) work to hold it in place.
Here are some of the most common types of braces for students:
- Metal braces: These are the most traditional type of braces (traditional metal braces). They are made of metal brackets and wires that are attached to your teeth. Metal braces are generally the most affordable option.
- Ceramic braces: These braces are made of tooth-colored material, so they are less visible than metal braces. However, they are also more expensive.
- Lingual braces: These braces are placed on the inside of your teeth, so they are completely invisible. However, they are also the most expensive type of braces.
No matter what type of braces you choose, it’s important to follow your dentist’s instructions carefully. This will help to ensure that your treatment is successful.
Braces treatment is available at our sister branch at Holland Village – Smilepoint Dental Centre. To contact us, please call 6475 1028.
Braces or orthodontics is the art of repositioning teeth in the mouth. It is mostly used for cosmetic reasons, such as straightening crooked teeth or closing gaps.
The orthodontic treatment usually takes one to two years, depending on the severity of the problem. During this period, patients are required to come for regular check-ups and adjustments to ensure that the desired result is achieved.Student Braces Price
Braces for Students: Treatment Process
Book an Appointment
Call Smilepoint Dental Centre at 64751028.
Initial Consultations, Assessment & Diagnostic Investigation
Upper and lower impressions for study models, two large x-rays (frontal and side view) and initial screening.
Discussion, Cleaning and
We will advise you on your suitability for braces. If the patient is deemed unsuitable after the initial assessment, all the records will be returned to you.
Upper and lower braces placement. If extractions are needed, we will arrange separately.
Why Choose Us?
We are conveniently located just a stone’s throw away from Holland Village MRT (Exit A). Smilepoint Dental is also located near all major educational institutions such as Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic and National University of Singapore.
Full-Services Dental Clinic
At Dental Plus Clinic, we are a full-service dental clinic that provides dental treatments at student rates for our clients under our student braces package. We also have an in-house oral surgeon and gum specialist to cater to your needs.
Benefits & Side Effects
The benefits of wearing braces
- It addresses the issue of various dental configurations, such as stacked teeth, open teeth, gnashing teeth, higher protruding teeth, lower protruding teeth, distant teeth and distorted teeth.
- As a result, the individual with braces has a stronger personality. This provides the opportunity to smile with enough confidence.
- Some food cannot be fully chewed by teeth that do not link with one another; it resolves the chewing problem.
- At the end of the period, one can look forward to a better smile and appearance.
The downside of braces – Temporary
- Have to put up with the discomfort associated with braces
- Eating difficulties; until the braces are removed, certain foods will not be permitted.
- Teeth cleaning can be challenging. It will be more difficult to brush your teeth after the oral appliance is in place.
Braces require special tooth care
Braces – Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on how the upper and lower teeth bite together, where the location of teeth crowding is, and the positions and directions of the teeth to be moved. Most people need braces in both upper and lower jaws to achieve a good bite and well-aligned teeth.
Doing braces is not very painful but some discomfort should be expected during the initial treatment phase. This is because the gums need to get used to the extra bulk of the brackets on each teeth. There may also be some rubbing and abrasions against the cheek. Subsequently, during the braces adjustment, patients may also experience some tightness but it should not be very painful.
Sticky or hard foods that can cause the bracket to drop off, loosen or break. They may also bend the wires and bands, and place additional stress on the braces.
Generally, it takes about 1.5 to 2.5 years to complete the treatment but it depends on the complexity of the case, the patient’s age and how fast the teeth move.
- Metal braces allows a change in colour of the modules (around the metal bracket) every adjustment visit.
- Ceramic (tooth-coloured) braces are differentiated from metal braces by the ceramic brackets, which are similar in size to metal brackets but are less noticeable as the white coloured ceramics blend in with the colour of natural teeth.
- Invisalign are clear trays worn over the teeth and do not include any wires.
Invisalign ® is a clear, removable teeth aligner used as an alternative to braces. It is virtually invisible, making it much harder to notice.
Invisalign treatment in Singapore is increasingly common and consists of wearing a transparent tray over your teeth that is nearly invisible, and is easy to put in and take out. There’s no need for metal brackets or wire (Fixed Braces), just one transparent tray to be worn.
After undergoing diagnostics at the clinic, an accurate 3D model of your teeth will be used in creating specially crafted Invisalign trays that will help your teeth shift to a straight and perfect position (straight teeth). During the course of the treatment, new trays will be issued, as your teeth change positions, until your desired smile is achieved.Learn More
Insurance & Subsidies
DentalPlus Clinic resources, where we give useful information about oral health, dental procedures, and how to keep a healthy smile. Maintain your knowledge and get a gorgeous smile!